Remote Work: Practical and specific tools and advices. With updates: v.3 2.5.2020
(Do you have any ideas or tools to share? Write me at email@example.com and we can add them)
This is an exceptional entry for exceptional times, and I will not make any preambles. Straight to the issue. I have no technical training in remote work, so everything that follows is compiled from what many networks and endless people and organizations are offering since the beginning of this historical socio-environmental crisis.
This post has three parts: 1) Compilations on Remote work (again, specific, you will not find that of “at home dress like if you were at work”); 2) Recommended tools, that I have not always tried ahead; 3) Specific tips, cul-de-sac section, Most of the links are in English pages. – Actually in this EN version I have skipped those materials in other languages, go to the CAT or ES version to see them).
- Collection of materials with a global vision of Remote Work. Short and highly recommended.
- 16 Video-Free LinkedIn courses to learn about different skills and tools for telework.
- Did you have to cancel a workshop, course or conference, or do you want to keep organizing new ones?. Here Knowinnovation offers us a training session to be able to organize conferences and events on-line the closest to a physical event, including posters sessions and rooms for parallel sessions.- Updated 16.4.2020.
- Compilation of Remote Work tools – Mural platform.
- Video conferencing. The best known and used are Skype or Google-Hangout, but there is much more and more specialized: Jitsi is a very practical tool with direct connection via web link without any installation, and free software; Zoom is the highly recommended tool for experts and frequent video conferencing users.
- Instant Messaging between teams, beyond WhatsApp or Telegram. Slack, which (yet) do not know but recommend a lot.
- Team planning platforms. Asana.
- Mural-visual digital space for teamwork. Surprising if you have never visited it, and with a visual templates for different team activities . During the crisis free access for 90 days.
- Basecamp. Integral platform for project and team management. All in one according to your website. They also have several books and other interesting papers on remote work. – NEWLY ADDED.
- A little freak but interesting: how to break the ice between computers in telework from different offices/countries.
- And a final one, and only one, yes this is 4 typical tips (and topical) to work from home. But take a look to the photo at the beginning that makes you want to start working at home.
Updated to 2.5.2020.
firstname.lastname@example.org – heading photo by ThisisEngineering from Pexels